Dining & Social Events - Cornerstones of Laurel Oak Living
New friendships are forged and lasting memories take root where food and fun come together. Our friendly restaurant Team Members are always busy creating new culinary delights. Our social calendar is chock full of special events - both on-site and in and around vibrant Sarasota. Keep busy playing - that's Laurel Oak Life!
Laurel Oak Country Club hosts a variety of social events throughout the year.
- Seafood Extravaganza
- Valentine's Day Dinner Dance
- St. Patrick's Day Party
- Breakfast with the Bunny & Egg Hunt
- Easter Brunch Buffet
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Mother's Day Brunch
- Memorial Day BBQ
- Father's Day Breakfast Buffet
- 4th of July Celebration
- Annual 7&7 Club Crawl
- Fear Factor Fright Night for the Kids
- Trick-or-Treating & Monster Ball
- Thanksgiving Day Dinner
- Ladies' Charity Holiday Luncheon
- Breakfast with Santa
- Holly Ball
- Holiday Candlelight Dinner
- Wine Dinners throughout the Season
- New Member Cocktail Parties
- Dinner & Trivia
The Member's Lounge
- Perfect for lunch or dinner after golf or tennis
- Live entertainment every Friday night
- Relax in front of 2 wide screen TVs and watch your favorite game
The Garden Room
- Maximum seating of 150
- Panoramic view of the 9th and 18th holes featuring amazing wildlife
- A spectacular bar is a popular gathering area for social events and the perfect location for tapas and wine tasting events.
- Primarily used for Member dining, however, it hosts special Member events and private parties.
The Laurel Room
- Available for large Member social events, golf tournament dinners, and annual holiday parties
- Outside events such as weddings, private celebrations, fundraisers, corporate meetings and much, much more.
- Combined space seats over 400 Guests.
Meet Our Culinary Team
Jeff ParsonExecutive Chef
Jeff was born and raised in a small town in Ohio. His first venture in the restaurant business was at age 16. After four years of working his way up, he moved to Florida to start a Classical French apprenticeship. At the conclusion of his training, he started working as a Chef in several restaurants before becoming a Country Club Chef. This was perfect as he had a love for golf! He met the love of his life, Andrea, at Innisbrook Golf Resort in Palm Harbor, FL and they have been married since 1998. His career has involved working in Colorado, Atlanta, Georgia for the Olympics and Las Vegas. He reached Sarasota in 1999. He says his career path led him to the best – Laurel Oak Country Club. He loves working in a Club atmosphere because it’s different every day and he strives to use the highest quality ingredients. As Executive Chef at Laurel Oak Country Club, his goal is providing its Members and Guests with the best experience in food and beverage in Sarasota.
Mara CristianiHead Banquet Chef
Mara Cristiani has been featured on local and national television, such as ABC 7’s Suncoast View, and showcased in Linda Carson's "Amazing Woman of the Suncoast" which is also on WWSB Channel 7. Mara was invited to compete on the "Food Network" most popular show "Chopped" and came home a "Chopped Champion."
Her cakes have been showcased on multiple occasions in the baking industry's top publication; Cake Central Magazine, and her annual creation of spectacular Gingerbread Houses have been auctioned off to raise money for “All Faiths Food Bank” “K9 for Warriors and The Shriners Hospital for Children.
Mara is no stranger to the spotlight. A former professional ballet dancer/choreographer and daredevil trapeze artist, Mara is one of only 5 people in the world to perform on the dangerous heel catching trapeze and she has toured the world for over 30 years entertaining countless audiences. However, throughout her entire entertainment career, baking was never far behind and at every chance she studied and perfected techniques and recipes. She learned her cooking and baking craft by traveling the world.
Today, Mara still considers herself a Ballet Dancer/Choreographer & Entertainer; she just choreographs with sugar, eggs and flour now.